Monday, May 12, 2008

Summary: Library 2.0 Activity #28

I enjoyed the stretching and exploration this program encourages. The activities, for the most part, weren't difficult and, in almost every case, introduced me to resources which I hadn't tried before. I will admit I have a certain amount of anxiety about learning new technologies. Although I grew up in Silicone Valley, I will admit a certain amount of Luddite sympathy. But I'm committed to helping people with their informational needs, and I want people to use their local libraries. So, I will learn what I need to know to keep my workplace relevant. I like to read about new inventions, but tend to shy away from instruction manuals. I'm glad I finally started blogging and playing with the digital camera my spouse got for me over a year ago. I'm finally making the transition from film. I'm starting to benefit from using RSS feeds instead of aimless surfing. I want to be more creative in my choices of information resources and even add some content. I want to make more use of social networking. I've been used to bookmarking and sharing sites via email. Deli.cio.us, Technorati and Library Thing are much more useful for this purpose. I would like to make more use of online office software, too, since I'm tired of the roadblocks created by Microsoft's usage rights. Above all, I've been encouraged to do more exploration of what's out there. Plus, I can finally communicate with my stepdaughters and other family, since almost all of them have MySpace pages. Now, if I could just get my texting to work...

No comments: