Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Great shot of hall from Seattle Library: Library 2.0 Activity #13

With all the glowing comments about the Salt Lake Library, it's good to see what others have done. While I love the use of light and glass at our location, the bold use of color seen in this shot at http://www.flickr.com/photos/theta444/16800827/ demonstrates other aesthetic possibilities. Plus, I like the color red. I should have attended the U. Visiting the Flickr site reminded me of the power of photography in this day and age, and the many, many talented people using it as a form of social communication. I took some art classes years ago, with the vain aspiration to be a graphic designer. Along the way, I lost my nerve and decided that wasn't my forte. However, with the evolution in graphics software and image sharing sites, I realize that I, with limited knowledge and expertise, can have a shot at it, too. Plus, this is an easier way to share documents of daily life with family. I know that many people have old family photographs with no names, places or dates to identify them. Posted on social networking sites, many people have been able to identify their pictures through the input of distant relatives and local historians, people whom they wouldn't have otherwise known or met, who happened to visit the sites.

No comments: